Enjoy Summer in Southeast Michigan!
It’s summer in Michigan … and that means it’s time to get out and enjoy the summer! Here’s a sample of some of the great community festivals coming up this summer in the D&P Communications service area.
- Community Celebration Day: The annual Community Celebration Day, organized by The Centre with help from many other partners around Adrian, takes place Saturday, August 6. Visit The Centre’s website for more information.
- Lenawee County Fair: The annual Lenawee County Fair includes rides, concerts, 4-H exhibits, tractor pulls and much more. It’s also the longest-running county fair in Michigan! D&P is proud to be a sponsor of this fun-filled week.
- City band concerts: The Adrian City Band plays every Thursday, June 16 through August 4, in the Farmers Market Pavilion on Toledo Street in downtown Adrian. It’s free — just bring your lawn chair or a blanket to sit on!
- First Fridays: The first Friday of every month brings live music, art exhibits, and extended shopping hours at downtown Adrian businesses. Times vary, but most activities are between 5 and 8 p.m.
- River Raisin Festival: Now in its 33rd year, the River Raisin Festival runs for four days (July 6-9) and includes a parade, games, vendors, live entertainment, and the Miss River Raisin Festival scholarship pageant. D&P is pleased to once again be a sponsor of this fantastic festival!
- Car and Bike Shows: See classic cars and motorcycles in downtown Blissfield on Saturdays, June 11, August 13 and September 10, from 5 to 8 p.m.
- Picnic on the Lawn Concert Series: The Walker Tavern Historic Site (13220 M-50, Brooklyn) presents Acoustic Strings on July 7 and The Country Playboys on July 21 and August 18. Concerts are from 6 to 8 p.m.
- Faster Horses Festival: The ultimate country music festival returns to Michigan International Speedway from July 15-17, featuring Lady Antebellum, Eric Church and Jason Aldean.
- Clinton Summerfest and Antique Tractor Show: Saturday, June 4, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Activities include games, contests, and an antique tractor parade at 3 p.m.
- Mayfly Music Festival: The annual Mayfly Music Festival, along the banks of the River Raisin, returns for its 17th year on June 17 and 18. Attractions include fireworks, music, vendors and more, and D&P is proud to be a sponsor!
- Devils Lake Festival of the Arts: This annual event features over 40 artist booths plus music, dance and local cuisine, on Saturday, June 18, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Town & Country Festival: The annual Morenci Town & Country Festival takes place June 16-18 and features a carnival, live music and much more.
- Cruise Nights: Check out the classic cars at Morenci’s Cruise Nights, on the last Thursday of every month through September.
- Petersburg Rose Run: This annual 5K run/walk, of which D&P is a proud sponsor, takes place July 9. The money raised goes to benefit both research and patient services at the University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- Art in the Park: The fourth annual Art in the Park is a juried art show in John W. Smith Park, 804 N. Evans St. It runs from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, June 4.
- Promenade Tecumseh: This annual tour of historic homes is an annual favorite. It runs from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, June 4, and tickets are $12 in advance ($15 on the day of the event).
- Classic Car and Bike Shows: On the third Thursday of every month in the Old National Bank parking lot, 205 E. Chicago Blvd.
- Movies in the Park: Adams Park becomes an outdoor cinema on select Fridays throughout the summer! The featured attractions are “Minions” on June 10, “Max” on July 8, “Hotel Transylvania 2” on August 12 and “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” on September 9. Come at dusk and enjoy the show!
- Pet Parade: They don’t call ’em the “dog days” of summer for nothing. Tecumseh’s annual pet parade returns on Saturday, July 16, at 10 a.m. This year’s theme is the ’60s.
- Music in the Park: Enjoy live music on the third Thursday of every month, June through August, at Adams Park, next to Tecumseh City Hall. The music runs from 6 to 8 p.m. The featured acts are the Dan Kesterke Band on June 16, Banana Fish and the Infernal Chimps on July 21, and Stella on August 18.