Business IT Technician
The Business IT Technician is primarily responsible for the installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of commercial customers, from micro businesses to enterprise level accounts. The services offered to commercial clients include traditional phone service, Internet connectivity, and video service, managed internal networking (switches, routers, access points), desktop PC support, IP-based phone systems, and internal communications cabling.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Accomplishes the installation, maintenance, testing, troubleshooting, and repair of switches, structured cabling, and other telecommunications equipment in the field to ensure optimum service delivery, network usage, and quality.
- Ensures compliance to customer specifications and company requirements.
- Ensures all installs and repairs are completed on time and within budget.
- Serves in a technical consultant role in coordination with business sales and customer service during the new client sales process.
- Maintains professional dress and communications on site, as a representative of D & P Communications.
- Works within established procedures to maintain appropriate customer and facility records.
- Supported services include HFC and FTTB data, video, and voice, fixed and point to point wireless for businesses, Hosted PBX, Digium Switchvox Phone Systems, large business deployments such as Active Ethernet, Private LAN, and more.
- Accomplish installation, troubleshooting, and integration of services to customer’s internal network.
- Determine customer needs and design solutions to meet those needs for Managed IT clients.
- Properly define on site what is D & P responsibility and what is not, and quote accordingly using time and materials procedures.
- Overtime will be required to meet obligations as needed.
- Part of Business on-call rotation.
Qualifications, Experience and Training
- Previous experience in a related role required (Field Technician, Support Technician, Network Technician, or related).
- Previous experience in on premise telecommunications installation, support, or administration, with focus on telephony solutions, Internet and cable service, and phone system support preferred.
- Previous experience in fiber, coax, CAT5/6 termination preferred.
- Training/Experience in an IT related field preferred.
- Ascend/descend ladders to remove and rearrange equipment.
- Occasionally work in attics, basements, crawl spaces, and other similar places as project requires.
- Ability to push/lift up to 25 pounds regularly.
- Bending at the waist, sitting, kneeling, climbing, walking, crouching, and reaching overhead as job may require.
- Regularly required to use repetitive motion, type, and communicate over the phone and in-person.
- Must be able and willing to complete physical work in the field, on premise, and in year-round weather conditions when required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.